Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Sleepless

Can anyone say RLS?? Restless Leg Syndrome... I see the commercial on the TV.. Oh My Gosh. I so have that. It stinks.. I must have been in bed tossing and turning for 2 hours last night. I finally got up took some, Ibuprofin and Magnesium. asked the doctor what I could do for it (thinking of the commercial) She just said eat a banana a day for the potasium and extra Magnesium. Reminded me when I was pregnant and had leg cramps. It seemed to work, but slowly.
What do you do? Lay there tossing and turning, or get up get in a swim suit and go out to the hot tub? I like the hot tub, and it relaxes the legs, but it is such a hassle!!

If any one else knows of a good remedy for RLS, PLEASE HELP!!!

4 comments:

Alida said...

I don't know Wende, the hot tub sounds really wonderful! If everyone is asleep, I say chuck the bathing suit! Who needs it? I read an article about a lady who had RLS, the doctor put her on some medication that turned her into a gambling fiend. Make sure you inquire about ALL POSSIBLE side effect if you do get a prescription.

Hosmerita said...

Oh my goodness, we don't want a gambling fiend! Most of those medications have ten minutes of side effects! You know your leg twitches will stop but you will still beup 15 times in the night to go #2!
I wish you the best. I had this with pregnancy if I took a hot bath or in your case a dip in the hot tub BEFORE you go to bed it helps. It did me!
Love ya Lady.

Lion Heart said...

Yuk! RLS is the worst, I hope you can find something that works I haven't had to deal with RLS for quite a while i got pretty lucky to not have it as much with this pregnancy. I know how precious sleep is if you find something that works lert everyone know so they can pass on the good advice!

Hosmerita said...

Wende,
Where are you? I miss you terribly.
Kim