Friday, June 1, 2007

It's been a while (again)

Well, it has almost been a month again so I suppose I should write something as to let you all know I am still alive.
Baseball is coming to an end and the full swing of summer is on the horizon. I am sure one aspect will be easing up and another busy schedule will take over. I am looking forward to having all the kids home and being able to do things together. Tristan seems to get a little upset that Cody gets to go to lunch at McDonalds, go to Washington Square to meet the grandparents, play at the park etc. All while he is in school. I have many plans for this summer, but don't really know how much of it will actually take place. Tristan has actual school friends to do things with this summer, so that will bring an interesting twist.
As you guys may remember, Tristan suffered a slight head trauma over spring break. He will be going in for a neurological test in July to determine if his "twitch" was caused by that incident. I have noticed in the few months following the incident that his eye and mouth is making a twitchy kind of movement and we started to get a little scared. Hopefully it won't be anything, but I would rather be safe then sorry.
Memorial Day Weekend, we went crabbing and fishing. This was the first time we were all (except Tabitha) got to be in the boat and actually spend Saturday fishing. Tristan won the prize!!
He caught two barely legal trout. Cody caught one, but it was too little and we had to put it back. Sunday, the plan was to go crabbing with Lonnies brother in law. We were to have our boat, and he with his and to ferry the other family members to the spit in Lincoln City to spend the day on the beach catching crab. Well, our boat wouldn't start. We ended up with just the one boat and camping out on the beach next to Mo's. We actually had a great time. Tristan got to wear his wet suit and play in the ocean. Cody jumped in fully clothed, and Tabitha stayed and played in the sand and flew her new kite. It was a wonderful day at the beach. I am sure we will do that again. We ended up only getting 6 crab, but that was enough for all the adults who wanted some to have a half of one. That was plenty for me. I like crab, but I can only do so much.

I promise, I will try to do better on this blogging thing. I often find my self like one of Leslies recent posts.. Blank, got nothing...

3 comments:

Alida said...

It sounds like a it was a wonderful Memorial Weekend. I love the water and can't wait to get a little boat to take the kids out in.

I'll be keeping Tristan in my prayers. Hopefully he is just growing and it's not related to the injury. Please keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, please keep us posted on Tristan's doctor's appointment.

Also, I love how adventurous your family is! Half the stuff you guys do I'd be afraid to do with little kids. But you just go for it. Love that!

momaof4 said...

What fun!

You forgot the part about giving the dogs a bath the next day!!

Keep us up to date with the doctor app. I am adding him to my prayers.