Thursday, June 14, 2007

Surprise

I received a shocking but wonderful email from my brother tonight. I am confused, so I need to share and see if you gals can shed some light and settle my confusion.

My brother, not known to go to church, participate, or even be spiritual sent me an invitation to his families baptism!! I know my niece had gone and been a part of the youth program, but never have I known my brother and his wife to be spiritual at all. Not to say they lead an extreme sinful life, but I wouldn't say they live a life for or of Christ.
As children, we were raised to believe, but that was as far as it ever went in the home. I went to church on the church bus alone as a child. Our Grandmother was extremely religious.
I asked him if it was a dedication or baptism, but gave him my encouraging words and of course, told him I wouldn't miss it for the world. I have not gotten confirmation on that yet. Would it be the Pastors duty to determine if it is for real and for the real reason, or should I question it more?

I am excited and praying that God has preformed yet another miracle! I welcome any comments and suggestions. My mother was also blown away by this news.

No comments: