Sunday, June 3, 2007

The way it used to be

I have been thinking a bit lately about being home and not working. I am liking it, but wondering what I should be doing different. I have not been unemployed EVER. Except maternity leaves. We all know that while on maternity leave, there is definitely no downtime.
Well, I received the email from Kim regarding the old 1950s house wife. I had to laugh, but then again wonder what it would have been like. Lonnie usually gets home before dinner time, but I can certainly have dinner prepared and ready to go in. I usually do the main room "sweep", however, I have never "prepared" myself or my children to be excited that he is home. I am thinking I will try this in the coming week. Hands and faces will be washed, I will have to buy some ribbons for my hair, and I might have to actually put some makeup on, but we will greet him at the door.. Sounds fun, huh? hahaha.. I think I am just more curious what it was like, and I know he has mentioned many times "The way it used to be". Wish me luck, I will have to post and let you know if he even notices.

There it is my little minute thought of the day. Thanks Kim!!!

4 comments:

Alida said...

Being a "housewife" is not easy. There is always so much to do. We do get all excited when Sergio comes home from work. The kids hear the garage door or the key in the front door and they charge screaming, "Daddy's home!" This is the one moment a day when Sergio seems just so happy.

Everything else is hit and miss. Sometimes I do the 'sweep' sometimes not. Sometimes dinner is on the stove or the kiddies are bathe, sometimes not. I just play it by ear everyday.

I do think it's every man's fantasy to come home to a beautiful wife and neat house, well-behaved children with the smell of a delicious dinner greeting him at the door...so every once in a while I make it happen. But not too often, lest he come to expect it:)

momaof4 said...

I know Darren likes to be greeted at the door. He does not care if the house is clean or the Laudry folded, but he likes to see us.

And I think he would like dinner on the way to being ready, he is home before we eat also...Sometimes I a SO tired it is hard to have it all done. I just want to go to bed!! :)

You go girl, and what great timing before Fathers Day...it will make him feel special and loved.

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome idea for you Wende! Definitely update us on what you find out as a new stay at home mom. What an adventure for you.

I know it took me awhile to get the hang of it all and get settled into stay at home life-it's a job in and of itself!

I have the advantage of calling Jason to tell him that dinner is ready and he comes in from work. So I manage to get dinner on the table every night for him.

Hosmerita said...

You are oh so welcome Miss Wende. I read that article to Richard and he laughed. I just know he was thinking to himself, "Yeah that would be great!"
Miss you lots!